Art While Apart respects your privacy and is fully committed to protecting your personal information and using it properly and in compliance with data privacy laws.
We collect information in order to provide, operate and improve our Sites and Services, to support your use of the Sites or Services, and to enable improvement in navigating our Sites and Services. Additionally, you may choose to provide us with information or feedback.
The collection, storage, use and sharing of information provided by art-requesting users and team members will be used to support the operation of Art While Apart in several ways, including:
- As needed to provide and operate the Services, including but not limited to sharing photographs, character information about the pet, email correspondence and social media postings;
- To maintain and regulate our house rules and ToS;
- To comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim;
Legal Basis for Processing
Art While Apart also collects information of our legitimate interests, if those interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as:
- Providing and improving our Services. We use your information to provide the Services requested by you and in our legitimate interest to improve the Sites and Services;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about art-requesting users and team members are necessary in order to fulfill our Services. We may share your information in the following manners and instances:
- Service Providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to the sites and forums, such as Squarespace, Google, and Discord. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may share your information with these certain third parties.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU and California, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in a certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the information we hold about you, by contacting us, according to art. 13(2)(b) GDPR, using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. In the absence of exceptional circumstances, such as data storage for legal reasons and administrative reasons, we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interest and (ii) usage of your information for promotional and marketing messages from us after providing your objection in writing. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complaint. If you reside in the EU or California and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information, without any prejudice to any other rights you may have, you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) , we, Art While Apart, are the data controller of any personal information collected about you through your use of the Sites and/or Services. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at artwhileapart [at] gmail [dot] com.